'If it's worth thinking about, it's worth writing about...'

My First Capsule Wardrobe: Winter.. | Fashion

9 December 2015




When someone asks me to describe my style I somehow always seem to end up using the word ‘minimal,’ but when you look at my closet you know I'm lying. Having a thousand pieces of clothing is not exactly a prime example of the 'less is more' philosophy. Somehow though, I still felt like I had nothing to wear or was always wearing the same outfit and I soon grew tired of that.

I completely decluttered my entire wardrobe and decided on a fresh start. I wanted to have a very clear vision of what I already owned, find out what basic pieces I was still missing and then build from there. So, the decluttering; done. But where would I go from there?

That's where Caroline came in. A few weeks ago I was reading some blogs and by complete coincidence I came across the blog Un-Fancy, about a woman (Caroline) who was talking about a Capsule wardrobe. I couldn't stop reading, as I was so intrigued by the idea and I quickly decided this would be something for me! And so far.. I'm loving it!

What's a capsule wardrobe?

Well, the basic idea is to go an entire season with a limited amount of clothing pieces. I decided I would go with 37 pieces of clothing each season. Within my 37 items I have outerwear, shoes, tops, dresses and bottoms. Basically it's a mini wardrobe with only pieces of clothing you absolutely love.

Because I really wanted this whole project to be 'minimal' to my wallet too, I decided to limit my spending to 600 euros each season. This is my personal budget though, so you can totally decide how much you would want to spend yourself!

Upcoming season is winter and these are the items I’m working with 

PANTS:


SHIRTS & SWEATSHIRTS:


KNITWEAR:




SHORT SLEEVES:


LONG SLEEVES:

JACKETS & COATS:



ACCESSORIES:




SHOES:





CONCLUSION:
Pieces of clothing in this capsule wardrobe: 29
Max pieces allowed : 37
Colour palette: Grey, black, white, neutral
What do I still want/ need: midi jersey dress, white sneakers (should I go for a classic Stan Smith maybe?), winter coat, white cotton button-up shirt, boots, black pumps

2 comments

  1. Geweldig idee! We moeten van het idee af om elk jaar een volledig nieuwe wardrobe te willen die we na dat jaar weer beu zijn. Als je nog een mooi en duurzaam paar sneakers zoekt, kan ik je zeker aanraden om eens bij veja.fr een kijkje te nemen ;)
    Goed bezig!
    Naomi, x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankjewel Naomi!! Ik ben ook heel blij dat ik het concept ben tegengekomen! Heel tevreden van mijn wardrobe nu!
      xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Damsel & Style. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.