'If it's worth thinking about, it's worth writing about...'

Becoming a Barista? | L I F E S T Y L E

17 February 2016

I am absolutely addicted to coffee. Everyone that's known me for longer than two weeks knows that my day isn't complete without a nice cup of joe, and preferably more than one!
It's a father-daughter thing, since my dad has been working in the coffee business for as long as I can remember and as such I drank my first cup of coffee when I was only eleven years old. Ever since then I grew to love the caffeinated goodness!



I've always been exploring new brands and blends together with my dad, which makes the whole experience so special to me. It's something we do together, you know? It's always nice to share your passion with someone, and it's even better when you can turn it into a nice father-daughter moment.

I've mentioned it before so maybe you already know about this, but it's a dream of mine to one day open my own little coffee place. It would be so nice to share my passion with so many people and basically make a living by doing something that I absolutely love, so in order to get one small step closer to that dream I decided to enroll in a barista course.

I'm currently doing a barista course at Anna's, to hopefully learn everything there is to know about brewing the perfect cup of coffee. It's something I'm really looking forward to since Anna is one of my favorite coffee shops and it's going to be a real treat to be able to learn the trade from some of the best people in the business! I'll be sharing my journey to becoming a barista right here on the blog, so stay tuned for more updates!

After an entire post about my love for coffee I felt like I couldn't stop without giving you a list of a few of my current favorite coffee spots in Belgium! Don't hesitate to post your favorite coffee bars in the comments, I'd love to know what you guys would recommend !

Antwerp : Caffènation , Kaffeenini , Tinsel , Maurice
Brussels : Or Coffee , Jat Cafe
Leuven : Bar Stan , Noir , Anna

4 comments

  1. You should definitely visit St Vincents in Antwerp ! You'll love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! I really really need to go there! :D
      I've heard about it before but forgot about it last time I was in Antwerp.. Good suggestion !
      xx

      Delete
  2. Jammer dat ik niet tegen caffeïne kan :p Ik zal je lijstje zeker bewaren, mss ergens eens een decaf drinken :)

    http://www.thefashionloonatic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi ja ze hebben op veel plaatsen ook lekkere decaf! En origine thee! :D Dus je vindt vast iets!! ;) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Damsel & Style. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.