'If it's worth thinking about, it's worth writing about...'

My top 10 wardrobe essentials.. | Fashion

19 January 2016

1. LEATHER JACKET

I have this faux leather jacket from Zara. I just bought a new one although I still have the one I bought 4 years ago, and except from the inside lining being all ripped and torn it looks fine if I wear it! So if you are not ready to cough up the money for an expensive leather jacket or you don't like real leather, I would recommend Zara.


2. BLACK SKINNIES

Because I don't wear any other pants really. Seriously, I wear black skinny jeans 90% of the time, so when I buy a new pair it's just an investment for me. I bought these ones at Levi's. They're part of the 700 range by Levi's and they fit like a glove. I went with the black 721 fit, it's a high rise skinny and I think I will repurchase these over and over again! They feel comfy and don't slouch or stretch after wearing them for a day.You can get them at your nearest Levi's store or on their website.

3. MINIMAL NECKLACE

I bought this necklace about 3 months ago as a birthday gift to myself. It's by a brand called Maison Irem and it feels like I could wear this anyday and with any outfit, which incidentally seems to be exactly what I'm doing. I was looking for a necklace like this because I got really tired of the statement pieces I owned. The moment I saw this necklace I knew it was just what I'm looking for! It's minimal and perfect for any outfit and any occasion.

4. A REASONABLY SIZED PURSE

I say reasonably sized because the bigger the purse the more unnecessary junk I seem to carry with me. To me, a perfect sized handbag is one which can fit: my purse, a lipstick or two (maybe three), some headphones and a pair of sunglasses. This one is a leather bag from &Other stories and it's the perfect size! It's also really soft and durable. Love it!

5. STATEMENT SHOES

Because no better way to brighten up a minimal outfit than with a silver pair of sneakers, right? Since all my clothes seem to be very monochrome these shoes are a very good way to not make the outfit look dull. I also like shoes with some texture like a fake snakeprint or suede! Although these sneakers are a very unsubtle silver I think I will get a lot of wear out of them for a very long time. An added benefit is that they match my silver watch really well.

6. WHITE T-SHIRT

To me a white T-shirt is a simple solution to any 'I have no idea what to wear'-kind of day. To me a white (slightly oversized) cotton shirt tucked in my black jeans is something you'll see me wear all the time. So many ways to style a simple two piece outfit like this. Pair with sneakers and a leather jacket for a sort of edgy look or add heels if you want something that looks slightly more casual! Tip: when you're buying a white shirt always double check to see if you're shirt isn't see through!

7. HEELS YOU CAN WALK IN

Honestly, I love nothing more than the look of a nice and sexy stiletto but I just can't walk around on a heel that's thinner than my little finger for longer than 10 minutes. Maybe it's something you can get used to after a while but I'm definitely not used to it yet. I do believe in the elegance of a nice heel though! My favourite pair are these black (they're black, what a shock) cut out booties!

8.BLUE JEANS

Because nothing beats a well fitted pair of regular, blue jeans. I currently have a pair of Acne jeans very high on my wishlist. I'm usually quite difficult when it comes to choosing the perfect pair of blue jeans but I spotted a pair in the Antwerp Acne store a while ago and I'm still thinking about it. I prefer high wasted skinnies like the one I saw and the shade of blue was just perfect!

9. BLACK DRESS

I'm probably going to state the obvious here, but it's true; a pretty black dress is always a winner. It doesn't matter if it's for a casual get together or for a super special occasion either. And you have a one piece outfit! That's about as easy as it gets! 

10. JEANS SHIRT

I own two. A light wash Levi's shirt and a slightly darker one by H&M. I wear them a lot! Completely buttoned-up, unbuttoned with a nice top underneath, underneath a knitted sweater, .. The possibilities are endless. The thing I like most about a jeans shirt is the fact that it's kind of warm because of the thicker fabric. So I can wear it underneath my winter coat or throw it over my regular shirt on a chilly summer evening.

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Damsel & Style. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.